Perfusionist PRN Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performing the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart lung machine during surgical procedures, managing extracorporeal circulation/cardiopulmonary support.
- Helping manage invasive pressure monitoring of Arterial, Swan Ganz catheters.
- Managing Auto transfusion /Cell saver for surgical procedures open heart, thoracic and abdominal aneurysms in coordination with the RN Circulating Nurse.
- Managing intraoperative STS data for accuracy for adult cardiac surgery registry.
- Managing the oversight of Intra-aortic balloon pump in the CVOR.
- Maintaining the care of capital equipment by cleaning and maintenance after each use.
- Checking and restocking disposable supplies.
- Performing On Call status for emergent CABG/Perfusion cases as assigned.
- Operating point of care blood testing devices and be able to interpret results.
- Managing and operating heparin management system.
- Documenting in medical record as required.
What will you need?
- One to three years of experience. Knowledge of Extracorporeal circulation/ cardiopulmonary support, anticoagulation/hematogical analysis, use of auto transfusion/apheresis, intra-aortic balloon equipment
- Bachelor’s degree with successful completion of perfusion or circulation technologies certification required, Board certified or eligible as a CCP or CCT
- Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) by passing the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion certification examination preferred
- CPR certification required
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office products