Registered Nurse Clinical Research Pediatrics
Req #: 17001872
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Research
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Serves as the principal administrative liaison for designated projects
- In collaboration with investigators conducts protocol evaluation and feasibility review to assure efficient, timely and successful implementation of selected studies.
- Liaison with the Sponsor to facilitate study start-up activities, to include site feasibility questionnaires, site initiation visits, and program representation as needed.
- Collaborates with other departmental staff as needed to facilitate proposed research projects.
- Collaborates with Department of Research Administration related to the administrative components of proposed research projects including, where applicable, confidentiality agreements, study budgets, study agreements, contracts, and data sharing agreements.
- Coordinate, direct and implement research protocols as designated by specific protocol guidelines.
- Interface and collaborate with hospital medical and nursing staff responsible for patient care, and provide education and training as appropriate.
- Identify patients meeting eligibility requirements for study protocols.
- Confer with patient and physician to explain purpose of study, review informed consent, explain diagnostic procedures and/or treatment plan to alleviate patient and/or family concerns.
- Implement plan of care. Coordinate or perform clinical interventions as required per Protocol.
- Coordinate and/or schedule study visits in accordance with the family, physician availability and facility availability.
- Acquire supplies for collection of research data, obtaining specimens (to include body fluids), and assisting in sample processing.
- Ensure accurate data collection, documentation and organization.
- Inform the principal investigator or others as applicable about deviations from protocol guidelines, and adverse events.
- Participate in the identification, data collection and appropriate resolution of problems that may involve patients, nursing unit and/or nursing staff through quality improvement activities.
- Assess and report problems with data collection, patients' protocol compliance or behavior to investigator and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure systems are in place to maintain current and accurate records in compliance with IRB guidelines, federal regulations and sponsors' guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and organized subject and regulatory binders in compliance with applicable guidelines, regulations and policies.
- Maintain and update study log books including number of subjects enrolled, date and time of enrollment, copying of informed consents, distribution of informed consents to enrolled subjects and/or parents and guardians and to the medical record.
- Participate in the pathway of protocol deviations and adverse event reporting.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines; ICH guidelines, HIPAA, FDA regulations and other federally mandated guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency in electronic data systems per protocol guidelines.
- Coordinates/Develops study specific pre-printed order forms, information sheets, and case report forms as warranted.
- Assess the need for patient/family education.
- Instruct patients in those components of the protocol for which the patient is responsible.
- Formulate, document and evaluate the educational plan based on each patient's needs, protocol guidelines and developmentally appropriate strategies.
- Remain current with training requirements and expectations of ACH Nursing Administration, including the TREAT nursing practice model as applicable, and the State of Florida.
- Remain current with training requirements and expectations of FHT Nursing Administration.
- Demonstrates current, comprehensive, professional knowledge and skills in accordance with recognized nursing standards and department policies, including the Patient Bill of Rights and JACHO and ACHA regulations, Standards of Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintain professional standards by participating in in-services, professional development.
What will you need?
- Demonstrates relevant skills to be successful in a research environment. Demonstrated excellent team working skills with ability to work using own initiative. Effective listening and interpersonal skills. Time management skills/ability to prioritize workload. IT skills. Proactive attitude. Open and clear communicator. Understands the needs of others. Recognize potential obstacles and work to resolve them within set timelines. Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure Flexible and open to change.
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification / diploma / continuous professional
- development in a relevant area. Demonstrated excellent team working skills with ability to work using own initiative. (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is required. In lieu of the Bachelor’s degree, RNs with an Associate
- Degree in Nursing with pediatric clinical experience will be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Demonstrated progressive leadership skills. Broad research knowledge and clinical patient care skills; understanding of the federally mandated guidelines for the use of human research subjects; strong oral and written communication skills and customer service orientation; ability to use data entry and retrieval systems.
- Prior extensive pediatric research experience is preferred. Extensive nursing experience in the specific department clinical area is also preferred. (Preferred)
- Must have a current Florida RN license or be eligible, and have, or be eligible to have staff privileges at both All Children’s Hospital and Florida Hospital Tampa.
- Certification by ACRP or SoCRA or obtain within 3 years of hire. (Preferred)