Nurse Manager (RN) - Operating Room
Req #: 17007872
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
What you will responsible for:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Manage the surgical area both operationally and fiscally.
- Verify that perioperative personnel provide safe patient care in the area managed.
- Incorporate and assist perioperative personnel with assimilating evidence-based practices into patient care.
- Assist perioperative personnel in evaluating practice and creating strategies for further improvement.
- Verify that educational resources are available for perioperative team education and hold perioperative personnel accountable for attendance and completion.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and manage change within the surgical area.
- Demonstrate effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze data related to performance improvement projects that apply to the area managed.
- Use effective conflict resolution techniques.
- Facilitate or serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Evaluate perioperative personnel performance.
- Interview for perioperative personnel selection.
- Verify that necessary perioperative personnel, equipment, and supplies are available.
- Verify perioperative personnel compliance with organizational policies and procedures and regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provide guidance, support, and constructive feedback to surgical team.
- Exhibit professional, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Use effective project management principals.
- Pursue professional growth and participate in a professional organization.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Any additional duties assigned that are in support of perioperative patient care.
What you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Two years of management or specialty team leader experience preferred
- Current registered nurse licensure in state of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification