Wound Center Billing Specialist Part Time Days
Req #: 17007883
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Part Time, Day
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project a positive and helpful demeanor while working with patients, visitors, physicians, insurance companies and staff.
- Obtains accurate and timely patient/guarantor information when admitting or contacting prescheduled patients.
- Demonstrates skill and proficiency when entering insurance information during the admission process, determining primary payers, contract insurance obligations and COB classification.
- Documents all pertinent information of activity on patient account in the Cerner System.
- Uses proper terminology and codes when inputting order and diagnosis information.
- Demonstrate proficiency when performing patient transfer/rollover ask and documents all activity in admitting notes.
- Uses courteous and professional manner when handling phone inquiries.
- Communicate with nursing personnel to ensure that roper admitting criteria have been met.
- Works with Financial Counselors to obtain appropriate information for verification, collection and evaluation of patient’s financial obligations.
- Collects appropriate deposit, deductible and co-insurance amounts from patient at time of pre-admit or admission according to FHW policy.
- Assist in other areas of department when needed.
- Follows proper procedure in completing ABN’s for Medicare Patients.
- Balance outpatient cash journal and turn in to cashier daily.
- Completes and forwards account reconciliation forms to Medical Records daily.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/equivalent required.
- Hospital or insurance experience preferred.
- Hospital admitting experience and medical terminology helpful.