Req #: 17008022
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Per Diem Variable
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Capable of handling various aspects of the job simultaneously while maintaining a calm outward appearance.
- Possesses/demonstrates knowledge of emergency codes, location of emergency equipment and method of activation.
- Maintains supplies/inventory levels, keeps exam room clean & orderly including equipment and control area.
- Responsible for verifying electronic order with written order & correcting prior to initiation of exam.
- Assists physicians in cases of adverse reaction, performance of interventional/biopsy procedures using sterile technique & in acute emergencies when necessary.
- Performs duties in compliance with universal precaution, infection control, medical records charting/documentation and patient safety requirements.
- Responsible for triaging patient load, managing workflow to provide effective & efficient patient care & service.
- Obtain required consents, review for accuracy, completeness & verifies information prior to procedure.
- Properly utilizes ultrasound designated disinfection system, cleans probes & Ultrasound devices according to protocol.
- Accurately communicates with provider/physicians & identifies the need to escalate findings as needed.
- Maintaining ancillary equipment associated with the patient such as IV Pumps, chest tubes, O2 during exam & reporting malfunction and/or complications to appropriate caregiver.
- Follows protocols & adjusts technique as needed to obtain the highest quality exam, obtains adequate history & correct measurements according to established protocols.
- Utilizes computer system within the hospital guidelines, proficient in required computer programs to perform daily job function and effectively communicates via email with professionalism.
- Completes medical records according to policy and procedures for exams being performed and transmission of electronic imaging to PACS.
- Troubleshoots equipment in the event of error, failure, complications, or downtime & follows procedures during such events.
- Perform required QA processes and ensure records are kept up to date for ACR accreditation and follow recommended guidelines of QA by the vendor.
- Demonstrates teamwork approach by assisting coworkers in expediting processes to ensure efficient & effective workflow in the delivery of quality care.
- Responsible for safely transporting patients via wheelchair, bed, stretcher or escorting ambulatory visitors/patients.
- Responsible for all other duties and duty assignments requested within the scope of practice of the license/certificate holder.
What will you need?
- Experience/knowledge of computers/networking
- OB/GYN & abdominal skills
- Graduate of American Medical Association (AMA) approved Ultrasound program
- Minimum 2 years Hospital-based Clinical experience
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification
- (BLS) Basic Life Support (Accredited through American Heart Association or American Red Cross)