Certified Medical Assistant Brandon Family Medical FT Days
Req #: 17007941
Location: Brandon, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group
You will be responsible for:
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with doctor, personnel, lab and radiology companies to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
- Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses all doctors’ requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists doctor.
- Maintains timely communication with patients re: surgery, scripts, testing.
- Prevents casual overtime at all times and completes work in a timely manner.
- Assists in controlling supplies and maintains inventory weekly.
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage responsibilities.
- Maintains accurate legible documentation of patient medications and messages, sample meds, and pharmacy documentation.
- Identifies problems that may affect patient safety and efficiency in department.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of Hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps current with new technology and updates on care and medications.
- Contributes to the growth of the practice by managing patient flow and recommending follow-up visits if needed.
- Assists office staff with marketing mailings, phone calls.
What will you need:
- Competent in basic patient work-up for examination.
- Good medical knowledge to assist doctor during patient exams.
- Ability to keep process and patient flow on time; competent with basic patient work up.
- Current basic computer skills, data input.
- Good business office organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- One or more years’ experience in physician office or clinical setting. (Preferred)
- Completion of accredited course in Medical Assisting. (Preferred)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification or American Medical Technologist (AMT) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA).
- Certification is required to be obtained within the first 90 days of employment or when transferring into this position.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS). Must obtain within the first 30 days of employment.