Req #: 17008048
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Responsible for preparing and handling food in accordance with sanitary and safety regulations. Barista will also provide cashier responsibilities, cleaning of café and equipment, and stocking of ingredients and supplies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quality beverages and food items consistently for all customers by adherence to all recipes and presentation standards.
- Follows healthy, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products and equipment.
- Knows and understands complete beverage and baking operations, including proper use, cleaning, and maintenance.
- All prepared foods, hot and cold, to meet accepted temperature standards at finish/ service time.
- Production starts early enough to have products ready for service 5-10 minutes before service time.
- All food to be labeled and dated so the “four day principle” is strictly followed. Outdated foods to be disposed immediately.
- All prepared foods to be palatable, nutritious, appetizing and attractively presented on time (5-10 minutes before service time) and in a pleasant, professional manner.
- Proper storage and use of leftovers, including using acceptable type and size containers, prompt chilling, labeling and dating.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Texas Health Huguley Hospital.
- Delivers high quality customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume of unusual events to keep café operating to standard.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Assists with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Procedures are to be followed according to policies and regulations to ensure a smooth running, efficient and cost effective operation.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that fellow employees can located resources and product as needed.
- Know, understand and practice procedures for requisitioning adequate amounts of foods and supplies.
- Work as a member of a team and encourage fellow employees to do the same.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance. Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, nights and/or holidays.
- Practice proper sanitation procedures according to established regulations in all phases of the work program to assure safe, sanitary food service to all patrons at all times.
- Keeps active sanitizing solution and clean cloths in unit at all times.
- Ensures all utensils and equipment are sanitized and in acceptable condition before and after using.
- All food to be prepared in accordance with established sanitary and safety standards; to be free from any contamination.
- Wash hands thoroughly with bacteriostatic soap before each time beverages are prepared and food is served. Gloves to be worn if any lesions, etc., on hands. Treat gloved hands same as bare hands.
- Report any illness, infection, lesion, burn, etc., to supervisor.
- Touch only edges, handles etc., of clean wares.
- Keep refrigerators and freezers properly organized, discarding leftovers according to specific time schedule.
- Report any unsanitary practice or observation immediately, such as eating in the cafe or drinking out of improper containers.
- Comply with a dress code that requires the following: provided uniform top, apron, and hat; black slacks, black, closed toe, non-skid athletic shoes; no visible tattoos, piercings in excess of two per ear, and unnatural hair colors such as blue or pink.
- Practice proper register and money accounting techniques in relation to customer check out.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationshipsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Previous Barista experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Texas Food Handler Certification