Registered Nurse RN Float Pool PRN Nights
Req #: 17008004
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and SMH - Overland Park, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinates the efforts of the multidisciplinary care team for the patients within scope of responsibility. Provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the health care team in the delivery of care to a specific patient population.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in order to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth.
- Strives to advance from novice to expert and become an evidence-based scholar in order to provide optimal patient care and advocate on behalf of patients.
- Attends all hospital, unit mandatory and continuing education requirements.
- Assures patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources.
- Implements a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
What Will You Need?
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred