Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit 3 North FT Nights $5k signon bonus plus relocation
Req #: 17008039
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
FT / Nights (Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekend shifts)
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Performing nursing assessments and data collection for patients focusing on the physiological, cultural, psychological, spiritual and cognitive status of the patient. Nursing assessments include the family or significant others as needed
- Developing and implementing a plan of care that is individualized and goal directed based on patient needs and standards of care
- Evaluating and revising the plan of care as defined by policy
- Knowledgeable of and performs technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of assignment
- Collaborating and partnering with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care
- Supervising and delegating care given by members of the health care team
- Recording care, patient condition and interventions taken in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and assisting the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives
- Demonstrating effective problem resolution skills
- Advocating and supporting patients and families to receive the care and treatment needed as identified in the plan of care
- Participating in departmental or hospital performance improvement activities
- Utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe, responsible manner
- Completing initial and annual clinical competencies assessments
- Providing patient/family education and training based on each patient’s needs and abilities
- Focused on achieving an excellent patient/family experience of care by actively participating in all initiatives and behaviors expected of Florida Hospital Waterman employees
- Attending 75% or more of department staff meetings, reading notices and emails related to hospital/department information on a regular basis
- Participating in orientation and training of co-workers and new employees
- Performing other job related duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Manager
What will you need?
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree, required.
- BSN or MSN, preferred.
- Active Florida RN license, required
- Experience: Minimum 1-year of current RN experience, required.
- Prior PCU or Critical Care experience, preferred.
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification - (Accredited through American Heart Association), required.
- Must maintain current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)- (Accredited through American Heart Association), required.