Practice Office Manager Neuro & General Surgery FT Days
Req #: 17008269
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Full Time, Days
40 Hours per Week
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
- Manages both clinical and business personnel in accordance to policies/procedures set forth by SMMC.
- Manages multiple priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Possesses familiarity with Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice Management System. This should include the ability to navigate in each of the systems and be a resource for staff.
- Oversees ordering clinic medical and business supplies.
- Manages day to day finances of clinic operations; including approval of invoices in pertinent software.
- Runs/manages reports for physician communication in monthly meetings.
- Adheres to Patient Center Medical Home (PCMH) standards, as directed by Administration/physician enterprise.
- Maintains clinic schedule (both provider clinic schedules and staff schedules) – assuring clinic is staffed at the appropriate level(s).
- Understands necessary testing, coding and documentation requirements for specialty.
- Completes necessary paperwork (forms) for staffing clinic as well as security of clinic personnel – this requires an understanding of software to maintain these elements.
- Understands patient accounting related to patient bills including insurance requirements, co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance requirements.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience