Unit Liaison Part Time Evenings
Full Time, Evenings
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today
You will be responsible for:
- The Unit Liaison is responsible for providing excellent customer service on the nursing unit.
- The Unit Liaison is responsible for surveying the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) for unprocessed orders and assembling / maintaining medical records of all patients on nursing unit.
- Projects a positive, friendly and helpful demeanor while working with patients, visitors, physicians, and staff.
- Responsible for environmental rounds every 2 hours. Environmental rounds include but are not limited to: ensuring patient care items are returned to the bedside table, the over bed tray is free of clutter, equipment is plugged in, nursing alcoves are free of clutter with chairs tucked in, etc.
- Monitors PALS (Patient Access List) and notifies primary nurse of new orders and results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Monitors BEDBOARD and notifies Charge Nurse or designee of any discrepancies in level of care, minimum every 2 hours.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, toileting, pillows and room temperature).
What will you need?
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have current BLS.
- Computer proficiency requiredOne year healthcare / customer service experience preferred