Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab Recovery PRN
Req #: 17008313
Job Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs assessments on patients and determines the total nursing needs of assigned patients.
- Assesses patient/family needs in relation to presenting problem, care needs, physical condition, and learning needs.
- Performs head-to-toe assessment on all patients, and reassessments as per policy.
- Identifies problems and or/or nursing diagnosis, and plans for nursing interventions.
- Anticipates patient care problems and initiates corrective actions.
- Recognizes abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, blood gas values, radiologic data, and knows the significance of each. Recognizes the patient’s and family’s perception of hospitalization and health status.
- Recognizes therapeutic drug levels.
- Identifies the patient’s learning needs, and implement appropriate measures to meet them including the family in the process.
- Formulates a goal directed plan of care, and develops appropriate nursing diagnosis based on needs specific to the standard of care, and updates according to policy.
- Provides for the implementation for nursing actions to achieve patient care goals.
- Establishes priorities of patient care based on the needs of the patient.
- Implements a comprehensive patient care plan that includes baseline admission data, plans for treatment plans, and goals for discharge.
- Implements specific interventions, treatments, and medications as defined in the plan of care, and documents outcomes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate actions.
- Maintains accurate documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Accurately administers all medications in a safe manner while displaying competence in the use of an automated dispensing machine where applicable.
- Accurately and safely performs and supervises the care needed with a colostomy, ileostomy, Jackson Pratt, sump pump, CPM, plexipulse, saline lock. Long term IV catheterization and chest tubes.
- Maintains aseptic technique, demonstrating knowledge of infection control practices.
- Accurately sets up, maintains, monitors and supervises use of IV pump, PCA pump, and epidural pump.
- Maintains a safe environment within the hospital for patients and families.
- Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one’s work performance
- Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Conducts and/or participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences.
- Coordinates the activities of the interdisciplinary team.
- Confirms patient’s understanding of care and treatments received
- Management of pre & post catheterization recovery patients
- Groin management
- Works effectively under stress/expresses frustrations in appropriate manner and place
- Accurately titrates intravenous drips according to patient response and follow drug protocols
- Accurately interprets and documents cardiac rhythm strips and notifies physician of changes as appropriate. Accurately identifies cardiac monitor strips which indicate serious arrhythmias, cardiac injury and hypoxia and intervenes according to established protocol
- Demonstrates knowledge of management of hemodynamic instability in patients.
- Demonstrates competencies for the patient population
- Effective working relationships with others
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
- Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations, and other external/internal forces.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms.
- Maintains current clinical, technical, professional competencies, certifications and licensure requirements.
- Regularly attends scheduled dept. staff meetings.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
- Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
- Maintains equipment in its proper working condition identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews current literature and other available resources
- Show self-direction and leadership by functioning without the need for close supervision
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
- Documenting/recording information
- Communication with other workers
- Keeping up-to-date technically
- Make decisions and solving problems
- Critical thinking
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Cath lab or critical care experience (Preferred)
- State of Florida License in Registered Nurse