Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) PRN
Req #: 17007117
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Central Texas Medical Group
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
What you will responsible for:
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with
- Able to obtain and document vital signs on appropriate chart forms.
- Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
- Ability to initiate, keep and maintain legible, accurate, concise patient records.
- Demonstrate baseline competency in all areas of the indicated skills checklists and age specific competency
- Must have some computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
What you will need:
- Certificate from an accredited School of Nursing Assistants, and six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- Must hold a current certificate in C.P.R.
- Must hold a current certificate in CNA.