Registered Nurse OR Urology Coordinator FT Days
Responsible for daily oversight of the Urology Program throughout Florida Hospital Tampa Hospital. Assumes the responsibility for the operations of the urology surgery service line. This position is responsible for daily Urology surgery coordination/operations. Provides appropriate training and education for all urology team members. Responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal codes, rules, statutes and regulations pertaining to the operation of The Urology Surgery Program and Joint Commission Compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures that patient care is provided with clinical competence in a courteous, professional manner consistent with hospital mission, vision, and values.
· Ensures that all applicable standards of care/practice are met and that hospital and departmental policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
· Ensures program goals meet hospital strategic goals.
· Promotes a positive image and maintains a helpful, professional attitude towards employees, patients, physicians, visitors and the community to enhance the image of FHT.
· Ensures staff and physicians are provided with professional development opportunities as needed to maintain and enhance skills needed for excellent clinical practice.
· Promotes Urology program.
· Assists OR urology teams in WC, CVOR and Main OR on skills and team efficiency.
· Provides input regarding outcomes and program development.
· Develops positive working relationships with staff and other functional team members.
· Assists Managers of each OR area to prepare annual Urology capital needs list.
· Reports information to OR Managers, AVP and Director (s) as appropriate.
· Monitors urology supply costs to ensure cost effectiveness.
· Identifies opportunities for decreasing costs.
· Ensures appropriate staffing for urology cases working with other surgical department managers to maximize cost effective operations.
· Collaborates with the OR Managers and AVP to ensure compliance with, state laws and Joint Commission standards.
· Seeks to improve turnover and on-time starts for all Urology cases.
· Remains current in Urology Surgery industry practices, regulatory updates and changes.
· Seeks out opportunities to network with other hospital Urology programs as well as outside professional networking and development.
· Meets with urology surgeons routinely in regards any operational issues.
· Participates in and serves as a role model/leader for excellence in urology surgery.
· Develops formal program for on-boarding and training for Urology.Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Comprehensive knowledge and application of nursing principles
· Ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal and electronic formats with patients, staff, physicians, nurses and administrators
· Ability to establish collaborative alliances and promote teamwork
· Skill and knowledge in working with an automated information systems in a healthcare setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing - BSN in Nursing or currently in school working towards BSN.
· 2 years’ experience in Urology Surgery
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· CNOR certification
· CURN - Certified Urologic Registered Nurse