Req #: 17008246
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of various physician specialty practices sufficient to direct operations and to provide effective patient care.
- Knowledge of insurance billing and collections.
- Knowledge of fiscal management.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of human resources management techniques, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Skill in exercising a high degree or initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organization objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in using computer software to include word-processing, spreadsheets, database and general accounting.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy making bodies, third party payers, patients and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority over assigned work function.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to organize and integrate organization priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to develop and initiate, in conjunction with corporate management and physicians, strategies for growth and development.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively writing and verbally.
- Administers practice and organizational policies and procedures as directed in a consistent and timely manner.
- Coordinates/assists specific functions and activities of assigned practice including information systems, accounting, human resources, payroll, materials management, engineering and other support services.
- Maintains and compiles statistics and other records for assigned practice as outlined in the Office Manager Check List.
- Trains and updates staff on development items listed on the Employee Development Log and documents staff names and the dates completed on the log.
- Accepts responsibility for maintaining and updating knowledge of all new policies and procedures and educates staff
- Follows Employee Progressive Discipline procedures utilizing appropriate forms
- Involves Supervisor and Human Resources once formal discipline is indicated and/or initiated.
- Screens, interviews and hires qualified applicants for open positions.
- Implements and assists in the training program for new employees utilizing the Orientation Check List
- Determines training and development programs for support staff and arranges such opportunities
- Maintains practice during periods of staff absence, including the use of temporary help
- Tracks PDO, PLD, and CME for all staff staying within contract and budget limits
- Recommends facility improvement including construction and renovation
- Monitors and ensures equipment is maintained in good repair, performs necessary Preventive Maintenance, and replaces equipment as needed
- Evaluates office space utilization and maintains a clean, professional appearing physical plant
- Reviews bi-annual Coding chart review reports and implements changes as needed
- In-services office staff and physicians on changes made to encounter forms, coding updates, charges and associated fee schedules
- Maintains and updates patient and practice information brochures
- Assures compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA, CLIA and ADA by following the Employee Development and Nursing Procedure Logs
- Participates actively in safety, infection control, medical records, quality assurance efforts
- Reviews, authorizes and submits payment authorization vouchers to accounts payable
- Reviews records of petty cash fund reconciliation and ensures proper utilization
- Manages practice to budget
- Maintains cash control by following the Daily Close Process Policy
- Maintains collection module at < 10% of total A/R I’m not sure we will have a collection module under this new software and CBO. I’m not sure that the practice will have control of the collections.
- Continuously strives to improve patient satisfaction by achieving a minimum score of 4.0 on the bi-annual Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Notifies Human Resources of employees last day of work so that computer access can be terminated in a timely manner
- Maintains current supply inventories, medical & administrative, utilizing Florida Hospital Heartland Division’s preferred vendor
- Makes banks deposits on a daily basis as defined in Policy.
- Ensures that certification and professional credentials for physicians and hospitals are maintained
- Ensures the completion and submittal of managed care contracts to the Managed Care Department within required time frames
- Meets monthly with office staff to inform them of needs, developments and receive information from them regarding the operation of their areas or department and maintains meeting minutes
- Attends office manager meetings and participates with peers
- Meets as requested with Regional Practice Manager and Director
- Meets monthly with physicians/Department Leadership to discuss administrative issues
- Completes special tasks assigned by Leadership
What will you need:
- Skill in using computer software to include word-processing, spreadsheets, database and general accounting
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous management experience in a group practice environment
- Experience in medical records, coding and reimbursement.
- Education and experience requirement may vary according to combined background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Business or related field
- Courses in Human Resources and Accounting
- Certified Medical Office Manager (Preferred)