Registered Nurse Radiology Full Time
Req #: 17006251
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates an organized approach to daily workload.
- Adheres to approved standards of aseptic technique when appropriate.
- Administers IVs, medications and contrast material under the supervision of the attending physician.
- Utilizes the AIDET principles when interacting with patients, visitors and coworkers.
- Assess the patient’s status on arrival and throughout the pre and post recovery phase and/or the procedure by demonstrating knowledge of electrocardiographic, hemodynamic, and hematological data updating the physician of any potential life threatening changes throughout the procedure.
- Supports hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist the Radiology team in meeting the patient’s needs during procedures, when appropriate.
- Assists manager in accurately recording charges for procedures in Cerner.
- Attends all hospital and departmental meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Promotes positive attitude in the workplace; encourages others to do the same.
- Demonstrates a willingness to maintain a harmonious working relationship with physicians, and other staff members.
- Demonstrates and practices proper radiation protection measures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and follows proper procedure protocols.
- Documents appropriately in patient’s medical record.
- Implements emergency measures necessary to meet the needs of the patient.
- Provides for the delivery of patient care and demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients and family members as defined in the mission of our facility.
- Takes call for PICC coverage when necessary.
- Complies with regulations under the HIPAA law.
- Complies with Joint Commission standards related to their duties.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies in a safe and prudent manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
- Knowledge/understanding of interventional procedures/PICC line insertion
- Minimum of a AS Degree or Equivalent
- State of Florida License in Registered Nurse
- Two (2) years of critical care experience (Preferred)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse Certification(Preferred)