Chaplain PRN Day
Req #: 17007791
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Pastoral Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Per Diem, Day
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The flex chaplain helps provide pastoral care and spiritual and emotional support to the patients, families and staff of Florida Hospital Waterman of all ages and backgrounds.
- Chaplains serve as a resource for staff and administration in implementing Florida Hospital Waterman’s ministry of healing to the whole person.
- Work primarily within a flexible on call schedule to minister to patients and families in crisis.
- Assist in conducting worship services in the Hospital Chapel.
- Assist in serving as a liaison between the Hospital and area churches and clergy.
- Serve on committees as requested by Senior Chaplain and/or Director of Mission Development.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Chaplain or Mission Development Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Establish constructive working relationships with all members of the healthcare team, community clergy and caregivers
- Full knowledge and understanding of whole person health principles and related spiritual needs
- Proficient in spiritual care principles and assessment abilities
- Meet computer requirements.
- Able to enter Pastoral Care visit information in Cerner efficiently and correctly.
- Knowledge to use effectively Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Must be willing to fill a flexible schedule for on-call and other assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA degree (Theology or Religion).
- Ordination to the Gospel ministry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Previous experience as staff chaplain
- Education and/or experience in conflict resolution, public speaking, pastoral ministry or church elder
- Articulate an understanding of institutional culture, systems and corporate relationships
- Public speaking and communication skills for devotionals and other staff meetings preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Ordination and/or licensure by Chaplaincy Ministries or by an ecclesiastical body approved or recognized by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
- A minimum of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education.