Group Fit Instructor Wellness Center PRN Days
Req #: 17008129
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Wellness
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
You will be responsible for:
- Writes group exercise techniques that are appropriate for the fitness level of scheduled class.
- Instructs the group exercise classes with clear and concise instruction, easy for the participants to follow.
- Instructs each class within ACSM (“American College of Sports Medicine”), AFAA (“Aerobics and Fitness Association of America”) and ACE (“American Council on Exercise”) guidelines and ensures participants avoid any injury-prone exercises.
- Maintains active certification in a recognized certifying organization, such as ACSM, AFAA, ACE, Les Mills or similar organization. Stays current with trends in group exercise through attendance at workshops, reading professional journals and networking with other fitness leaders.
- Instructs classes in accordance with CHWC policies and procedures and maintains a friendly and safe environment.
- Before and after each instructed class, ensures that the group exercise room is well maintained and adequately equipped, including microphones, sound, projector and any additional audio/visual equipment that may have been used during the class. Reports needed repairs immediately to ensure member and guest satisfaction.
- Represents the CHWC in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner.
- Adheres to all CHWC and FHZ standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate Florida Hospital “I Care” values – Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
What will you need:
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, non-verbally and in writing is required
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs repeatedly and stand for extended periods of time
- Uphold CREATION Health Wellness Center’s Vision, Mission, Values and code of conduct.
- Comply with all CREATION Health Wellness Center’s policies and procedures
- Up to date with industry standards and techniques
- Land instructors must be certified through ACE, AFAA, ACSM or have a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- BLS and AED Certification required upon hire
- Group Exercise certification required upon hire