Security Guard FT/Night
Req #: 17008452
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Security
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
FT / Night
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 83-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. In 2013, we also opened a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. In August 2015, the hospital began construction on am expansion that will open in December of 2016, significantly increasing the number of inpatient beds, surgical suites, and emergency department rooms.
You will be responsible for:
- Conduct walking tours of the campus.
- Ability to use the fire alarm panel.
- Ability to properly inventory, secure and reissue personal effects / valuables.
- Report maintenance work orders via the ARC website from discoveries while performing walking tours.
- Ability to properly respond to codes.
- Demonstrates the ability to fully operate the security camera and door lock system called On-Guard and Lenel.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the organization’s overall mission.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
- Responsibly follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous hospital environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
What will you need:
- Ability to read, comprehend at the 12th grade level
- Ability to use Outlook e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to program card access to the door security system and perform audit trails
- Ability to do forensic research on the camera security system to locate past events and save to file for evidence
- Ability to remain calm during stressful events such as dealing with violent persons, responding to emergencies or any of the disaster codes.
- Ability to hand write and type reports of activities that have occurred on shift
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Six months’ experience in security, law enforcement, corrections or military service; or combination thereof.
- Class D Security License within 30 days of date of hire
- CPR/BLS Certification (Preferred)