Registered Nurse Home Health Case Manager East Volusia FT Days $5K Sign On and Relocation
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380
You will be responsible for:
- Registered Nurse that manages the home care patient from admission to discharge.
- Communicates with physician in developing plan of care, coordinates all services received.
- Initiates, schedules/supervises, and coordinates care of assigned patients.
- Responsible for continuous review of all aspects of every patient on their caseload including: appropriate utilization of services, ensuring continued skilled need, monitoring of homebound status, review of documentation in the medical record, maintenance of interdisciplinary communication, and discharge planning.
- Initial assessment of patient in their home according to agency policies and procedures including OASIS and follows State and Federal requirements.
- Manages episodes of assigned patients as evidenced by favorable patient outcomes. Addresses all nursing diagnoses identified in the Plan of Care.
- Ongoing evaluation and education of client in holistic manner.
- Reassess the patient within 48 hours following a change in patient condition or discharge from a 24 hour or longer hospital stay.
- Establishes and updates Plan of Care every 60 days or more frequently if needed.
- Develops Plan of Care to reflect current needs at time of recertification to include all disciplines
- Is responsible for participating and completion of monthly and admission case conferences.
- Maintains communication with physician and interdisciplinary team when additional patient needs are identified.
- Assures physician orders for care meet regulatory requirements.
- Supervision of LPN’s and Home Health Aides team members with a home visit every two weeks.
- Provides accurate, current documentation according to agency /regulatory policy and procedures within 24 hrs.
- Participates in on-call/evening rotation.
What will you need?
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Florida
- Basic Life Support certification
- Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable transportation
- Minimum 1 year home health nursing experience