Central Sterile Tech PRN Evening
Responsible for processing and sterilizing medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service: Patient First/Service Management/Standards of Excellence
· Supports the hospital’s service management program.
· Demonstrates UCH pride by providing courteous service, assisting lost guests, and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone.
· Prioritizes work through utilization of resource lists.
Processes instruments, trays and equipment.
· Separates and prepares contaminated supplies for cleaning.
· Disassembles, cleans, disinfects and accurately reassembles contaminated instruments and equipment according to product guidelines.
· Prepares, inspects and assembles trays and equipment according to written procedures and infection control guidelines.
· Wraps, labels and seals supplies in accordance to product type.
· Operates and monitors decontamination equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
Sterilizes instruments and trays.
· Loads sterilizer carts in accordance with guidelines.
· Operates and monitors sterilizers, aerators and heat sealers according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
· Follows guidelines and procedures for sterilization documentation.
· Cleans sterilizers, carts and carriages according to departmental policy.
Demonstrates personal accountability.
· Completes daily work routinely and assists others as time allows.
Fosters interpersonal relationships by establishing rapport with internal and external customers.
· Demonstrates quality in work at any assignment.
· Recognized by coworkers for dependability.
· Follows through on all customer requests.
People: Cooperation, Collaboration, Diversity, Teamwork
· Builds positive productive work relationships.
Demonstrates positive behaviors that reflect understanding and support of the organizational mission.
· Follows through on daily resource list. Checks in loaner s and reports discrepancies.
Finance: Cost Reduction, Expense Management, and Effective use of Supplies
· Promotes effective use of supplies and identifies cost reduction strategies.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
· High School Diploma