Respiratory Therapy Technologist PRN
PRN / Days
Chippewa Valley Hospital
Chippewa Valley Hospital has provided faith-based, whole-person care to Durand and the surrounding community for decades. We believe healing includes the mind, body and spirit, and we focus plans of care for our patients around this belief. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ to all we serve. We offer in-patient, outpatient, surgical, laboratory, radiology and rehab services, plus an array of specialty services that include cardiology, orthopedics, podiatry, urology, general surgery, gastroenterology, and plastic facial services. With two adjacent clinics, we offer family and internal medicine services for patients of all ages.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
· Administer therapeutic gases, such as oxygen, as prescribed, in accordance with accepted procedures.
· Administer prescribed medications, including bronchodilators, via inhalation.
· Administer humidified therapeutic gases, including high humidity therapy as prescribed.
· Induce from the patient a sputum specimen for cytological or bacterial examination.
· Administer positive pressure breathing treatments IPPB, Ezpap, CPAP and Bipap as prescribed.
· Establishes, maintains and monitors continuous ventilatory support under general supervision of the technical and/or medical director.
· Participates in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
· Performs airway care, including tracheobronchial aspiration, and other procedures aimed at establishing and/or maintaining natural and artificial airways as outlined in the department procedures and policies.
· Performs regular equipment maintenance, preparation, cleaning, sterilization, calibration, repair testing and evaluation.
· Performs pulse oximetry testing according to the detailed procedure defined in the procedure manual.
· Performs pulmonary function testing.
· Performs bronchial drainage and chest physio-therapy as outlined in department procedures and policies.
· Is responsible for documenting hospital procedures in the EMR. Care center documentation occurs as follows: Resident care charting is done in ECS (electronic charting system); Resident medications tracked in MAR; Billing for RT services on Respiratory Care Charge sheets which are given to main office for charge posting; Daily resident work flow followed on Respiratory Therapy Treatment sheets.
· Assists in the quality assurance program within the department and the hospital as described by department procedures and policies.
· Provides patient counseling in all aspects of respiratory care.
· Arranges rental and sales of durable medical equipment related to respiratory care and prescribed by a physician.
What Will You Need?
Technical College, C.R.T. or Associate R.R.T Degree - licensed through Wisconsin
BCLS through the American Heart Association
1+ Year of position-related experience
ACLS required within one year of employment