Surgical Technologist CST Operating Room Full Time Days
Req #: 17008460
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Day Shifts 4/10 hour Shifts
Florida Hospital Heartland
You will be responsible for:
- Assists with moving and positioning of the patient.
- Assists with operating room turnovers as needed.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees / performs preceptor duties.
- Cleans and restocks operating rooms.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety, policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with peers, other health team members, patients and visitors.
- Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
- Maintains aseptic techniques at all times.
- Performs surgical counts according to policy.
- Provides and maintains a safe physical environment.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet patient's needs.
- Under the direction of the RN, assists with circulating duties.
What will you need:
- Scrub Skills
- Sterile Technique
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One year of current Operating Room experience (Preferred)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical technology or Practical Nursing program (Preferred)
- Previous scrub experience in General Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties in a hospital (Preferred)
- Certification as a Surgical Tech within one year of hire (Preferred)
- Current FL LPN license (Preferred)