Surgical Technologist CST Operating Room Full Time Days
Full Time Day Shifts 4/10 hour Shifts
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland's goal is to maintain the health of all community residents. Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. We take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. Patients are provided private rooms for quality care and treatment. Our campus has a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Assists with moving and positioning of the patient.
- Assists with operating room turnovers as needed.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees / performs preceptor duties.
- Cleans and restocks operating rooms.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety, policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with peers, other health team members, patients and visitors.
- Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
- Maintains aseptic techniques at all times.
- Performs surgical counts according to policy.
- Provides and maintains a safe physical environment.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet patient's needs.
- Under the direction of the RN, assists with circulating duties.
What will you need:
- Scrub Skills
- Sterile Technique
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
One year of current Operating Room experience (Preferred)
Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical technology or Practical Nursing program (Preferred)
Previous scrub experience in General Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties in a hospital (Preferred)
Certification as a Surgical Tech within one year of hire (Preferred)
Current FL LPN license (Preferred)