Registered Nurse Clinical Case Manager Emergency Department FT Nights
Full-Time Nights. 12 Hour Shifts.
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
You will be responsible for:
· Assesses clinical information to participate in the development of patient care plans on a continuum through communication with direct nursing caregivers, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
· Assesses and make decisions which include age-specific assessment of the patients, and/or patient population served (neonate, child, adult, geriatric).
· Assures the progress pathway/patient plan of care is initiated within the Emergency Department and in the Outpatient areas as needed identifying individualized patient’s health risk factors, goals/expected outcomes post emergency room(ED) discharge.
· Communicates case objectives to individuals involved in providing care to optimize compliance with the plan of care and intervenes when variances occur in the patient's individualized plan of care.
· Identifies and directly addresses issues that effects patient care outcomes, collaborates with appropriate providers to prevent recurrence of issues; utilize best practice, evidence based guidelines or monitoring tools in order to develop systems to achieve optimal outcomes for patient and family/caregiver.
· Establishes networks and referral sources to maximize utilization of available community/regional resources; value the expertise of other team members in the creation of the highest quality care.
· Provides nursing and discharge planning expertise in collaboration with other health care professionals, to include the emergency room physician(s), Hospitalists, primary care physician and specialists, if required.
· Acts as an advocate for an individual’s health care needs post ED discharge.
· Establishes a trusting relationship with patients and families by active listening.
· Provides a referral base or community-based healthcare provider partnership, and advocacy to gain access to services and resources for patients.
· Identify patient’s barriers to self-care and the additional services needed at discharge, eg., home health, DME, caregiver support.
· Provides recommendations for community resources to patients and families including alert systems, community partners, and prescription assistance.
· Implements skills and intervention processes to include coaching, coordination, education of patient/family, health team members.
· Understands the physical and psychological characteristics of the disease process in the service specialty and utilizes this knowledge to coordinate resources to meet the needs of the patient’s wellness and functional level.
· Works with patients and families to assist them in understanding and participating in the development of transition plan for community-based care; incorporates self- care, and any shared decision making with medical/durable power of attorney designee.
What will you need?
· BS in Nursing or ASN
· Current Florida RN license,
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· Minimum of 3-5 years as a Registered Nurse in an acute care hospital, required. On the Job training provided to registered nurse without emergency department case management experience. Registered Nurse Case Manager with limited experience in a Hospital Clinical Case Management Program, to include emergency department case management, may participation in a high-level education, departmental training and preceptorship program.
· Knowledge of InterQual, and or Milliman Care Guidelines (MCG), principles of Managed Care, Computer applications, including, but not limited to: Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
· Two (2) year(s) experience: utilization review, resource management, care coordination, discharge planning Preferred.
· Case Management Certification Preferred.