Admissions Coordinator PRN DAY
Req #: 17008310
Location: Land O' Lakes, FL
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: FH Connerton LTAC
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Florida Hospital Connerton
At Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care, we deliver meaningful care by getting to know our patients and their families. Our 50-bed hospital is designed to serve individuals who have medically complex illnesses requiring additional weeks of specialized hospital care.
The unique care environment of a long-term acute-care hospital means that our patients and their visitors will spend more time with us than at other hospitals. For that reason, we've designed our hospital to be a comfortable environment. Our specially trained staff are not only experts in providing advanced care, but also have friendly, compassionate personalities that help ease the stress that can be associated with long-term illnesses. The 48,000-square foot, one-story Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care features all private rooms, an operating room for minor inpatient procedures, a chapel, inner courtyard and dining area.
You will be responsible for:
- Researches and enters patient payer information into data base
- Works expeditiously to dispatch clinical liaison within fifteen minutes of receiving referral
- Inputs pre-admission /admission of patient data in HMS and SMS data base in an accurate and timely manner
- Works with clinical liaison to convert referrals to admissions
- Aggregates clinical and financial and organizes file for admission
- Works with Case Manager and Clinical Liaison to ensure prompt and accurate follow with referral sources
- Aggregates admission information, and sends to clinical departments once patient admission is confirmed
- Review UB-104 claims for accuracy. Reports and updates any errors.
- Maintain currency of referral tracking /print and ensure timely and accurate reporting (flash report)
- Maintain currency of Medicare exhaust log w/previous days Medicare admissions
- Ensures that required paperwork is signed and scanned to the Central Billing Office within 72 hours
- Works with Case Manager and Clinical Liaison to assure Managed Care and other preauthorized insurance cases are approved
- Identifies and assigns attending physician to a patient using a rotational call schedule
- Identifies/recommends new referral bases, sources and communicates to Director, Business Development.
- Identifies/recommends operations and services improvements
- Identifies/recommends opportunities to provide awareness of the LTACH to the community
- Identifies and requests opportunity for cross training in other positions
- Performs special audits, projects and other duties as assigned
- Works with Case Managers to ensure continued stay reviews are sent to insurance companies, and does follow up for authorization of continued stay, documents in Cerner as appropriate
- Assists Case Management staff to send out referrals to appropriate ALOC providers, and does follow up with documentation completed in Cerner
- Maintains patient files.
What will you need?
- Expertise in organization/time management/communication skills
- Working knowledge of and ability to navigate software programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of and ability to navigate insurer/payer data bases
- Working knowledge of 3rd Party Contracts
- Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Siemens, HBOC, and/or GE Centricity
- Excellent data entry and computer skills
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with the pubic. Must be able to respond to patients, physicians, and other customers in a professional and courteous manner during stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays etc.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Experience or understanding of benefits reimbursement under the Medicare policies as applied to Long Term Acute Care Hospitals. (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of four years of directly related experience. (ie: Experience in Business Office customer service, Accounting, Healthcare Admissions/Registration.
- Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Financial, Business or Healthcare related field (Preferred)
- Experience or understanding of benefits reimbursement under the Medicare policies as applied to Long Term Acute Care Hospitals (Preferred)