Registered Nurse (RN) Ask A Nurse FT Evenings
Req #: 17007171
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
2:45pm - 11pm
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Week 2: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Treats co-workers, patients, physicians and guests with kindness, care and courtesy.
- Works cooperatively within the work group and with other services.
- Supports an inclusive environment in which everyone can fully contribute to the organization.
- Respects every person as having inherent worth.
- Values unique contributions of each individual.
- Promotes harmonious interpersonal relationships contributing to a cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates a variety of communication styles for varying caller groups including children, adolescents, young adults, adults, senior adults, and geriatric adults.
- Exhibits exceptional telephone etiquette with internal and external customers.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and business information.
- Maintains unwavering commitment to the highest standards of character.
- Provides conscientious commitment to assigned work.
- Recognizes and manages risks.
- Communicates honestly with everyone.
- Verbally and behaviorally supports Medical Center mission and values.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Maintains confidentiality of the content of the call. Shreds all paperwork that includes patient information.
- Projects a positive and professional image; represents the department.
- Accepts feedback from Call Center manager, support staff, other resource nurses or peers without becoming defensive.
- Monitors the number of lines open into the call center, and makes adjustments accordingly.
What will you need?
- Computer & typing skills
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 3 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience which includes Medical Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room etc.
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Missouri Registered Nurse License within 30 days of hire
- Phone triage software Preferred