Arrhythmia Tech Cardiology Office Part Time Days
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides direct patient care to patients with pacemakers, defibrillators and implantable cardiac monitors.
- Consults physician and other healthcare providers as needed regarding patient care management issues and in the development of the patient care plan.
- Provides patient education regarding device and post-op related issues.
- Maintains a computer database of
- Serves as liaison between clinical staff and other areas within the facility.
- Assesses needs for personnel, supplies, equipment for the clinical areas and budget planning. Keeps the Associate Director aware of these needs.
- Reviews and completes all clinical competencies as needed for employee evaluations.
- Reviews clinical documentation to assure it is up to standard and reviews any problems or concerns with the clinical staff.
- Pro-actively initiate quality improvement ideas/suggestions.
- Support the development of clinical staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary.
- Facilitate a smooth clinical workflow, advising Associate Director of any needed adjustments.
- Maintain the confidentiality of employees, patients, administrative and medical information with no infractions.
- Adheres to the FHHD Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
- All other duties as required or assigned.
What will you need?
- Working clinical skills in a physician practice required
- Adult cardiac care in a physician practice preferred
- Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required expertise is acceptable
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years in a clinical setting cardiology preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Working knowledge of monitoring equipment
- Knowledge of cardiac device databases or vendor programs preferred
- Cardiology Arrhythmia seminars/classes
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy – training required within 90 days
- Basic and Advanced Pacing – training required within 90 days
- Basic and Advanced ICD training – training within 90 days
- Medical Assistant experience in a cardiac office preferred
- BLS required