Dietary Technician- (PRN)
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurately and timely completes the daily reports.
- Prints Diet Census Report for tallying meals.
- Prints Diet Order Screening Report for menu pick-up.
- Prints Tally Report, Service Menu Tally Report and Differential Report for production areas.
- Prints Census Report for patient menu verification at the completion of menu entry.
- Accurately, timely and efficiently completes assigned patient tray line duties.
- Accurately prints and prepares meal tickets for tray line.
- Accurately prints and prepares Personal menus for breakfast tray line.
- Has patient meal tickets ready for the starter for each meal no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the patient tray line.
- Accurately and in a time efficient manner checks patient tray line for accuracy of food served, food quality and tray presentation. Places Personal Menus on correct patient meal trays at breakfast. Places Prayer Cards on trays at supper.
- Works additional tray line stations if requested by management.
- Accurately processes patient menus.
- Collects the majority of patient menus on assigned floors within allowed time period.
- Reviews menu processing system with patients. Assists patients as needed in completing menu selections. Prints Personal Menu for patients who do not have a menu to complete.
- Accurately updates patient diet order on a timely basis as diet changes are received by the Nutrition Center. Maintains correct diet order in the CBORD Diet Office software system for each patient.
- Provides appropriate patient nutrition education materials for STAT discharges or if Registered Dietitian is unavailable.
- Accurately edits patient menus to meet patient preferences and restrictions of physician ordered diets.
- Accurately edits patient menus following guidelines for nutrition care outlined in the department diet manual.
- Reviews notations in the CBORD system regarding patient food preferences and special dietary needs. Includes in patient diet when possible.
- Accurately completes menu editing and menu entry within allowed period of time.
- Assures efficient patient food service by accurate use of the CBORD Diet Office software system.
- Performs proper procedure for Card File functions of admission, discharge, patient search and addition of patient preferences.
- Accurately and in a time efficient manner follows procedure for entering orders for Tube Feedings and snacks using Personal Diet function.
- Follows proper procedure during computer downtime for continuation of patient meal service.
- Communicates with nursing and other care providers to provide best nutritional care for patients
- Associate degree in Dietetic Technology or Bachelor of Science in Nutrition or may be pursuing a degree in either field, or 3-5 years of experience in related field in lieu of degree.
- Experience with patient food service and modified diets desirable.
- Basic computer skills also desirable.