Phlebotomist II Part Time Evenings
Part Time, Evenings
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
You will be responsible for:
- Obtains specimens from assigned pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a safe, accurate and comfortable manner, following established standards and practices.
- Performs all computer related duties associated with phlebotomy services.
- Responsibilities include the adherence to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Obtains blood specimens from infant, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a safe and accurate manner.
- Performs venipunctures, finger sticks or heel sticks depending on the particular patient.
- Performs Urine Drug Screens and urine collections
- Performs and operates POC equipment as needed for Patient care
- Required to drive Company Vehicle and to travel to any outside facilities as needed
- All phlebotomists are required to assist as needed in the Emergency Department.
- Responsible to receive samples from the Emergency Room (pneumatic tube system)
What will you need?
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Required Current and valid Certification by Nationally recognized Phlebotomy (A.S.P.T.)
- BLS Certification required
- Valid Florida driver’s license with a clean driving record is required for Company Vehicle
- Must have 24 months’ consecutive experience in a Hospital setting environment.
- Must be proficient with newborns, infants and children as well as geriatric, adolescents, and adults of all ages.