Monitor Tech-Telemetry- FT Days
Req #: 17007684
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Monitors cardiac telemetries from a centralized location.
- Recognizes rhythms/arrhythmias and communicates changes promptly to the primary care nurse and/or charge nurse.
- Recognizes lethal dysrhythmias quickly and correctly and alerts unit nurses without delay.
- Documents rhythm strips every 4 hours and with each change in rhythm.
- Enters patient data into cardiac monitoring system.
- Assures accurate location of patients within centralized monitoring system.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring equipment.
- Assures telemetries are cleaned and returned to assigned location.
- Successfully completes annual arrhythmia competency.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient related information.
What will you need?
- Successful completion of arrhythmia testing.
- Demonstrates good use of the English language in the verbal and written form.
- Legible handwriting.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.