Cook- Part time Day shift
Req #: 17008503
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
Under the direction of the Production/Retail Services Supervisor of Nutrition Services, cooks, prepares, and garnishes foods for patients, staff, customers, and special functions. To this end, this position:
- Demonstrates skills of recognized cooking methods,
- Ensures compliance to department standards as aligned with state, federal, and regulatory safety and sanitation standards, and
- Demonstrates knowledge of standardized recipes and rationale for adherence to these.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and adheres to department polices and guidelines to affect compliance to state, federal, and regulatory standards, including, but not limited to:
- HACCP Program,
- Sanitation and Safety Inspections, and
- Temperature Logs.
- Actively participates in the daily production of all foods for patients, retail, and caterings, as assigned.
- Prepares all foods according to the Nutrition Services Department’s standardized recipes. Consistently produces high quality food for all assigned areas.
- Serves on patient trayline, Café Metro trayline, and in catering, as assigned.
- Pulls all food items according to production sheets in accordance with established pulling scheduling times.
- Consults with Nutrition Services Supervisor-On-Duty and/or Assistant Director to ensure the utilization of leftover foods appropriately within established timeframes.
- Assists in menu planning for patient and retail areas. Offers new menu suggestions.
- Maintains work area in clean, neat, and organized manner.
- Ensures that all assignments are completed within established timelines and standards.
- Attends department and section meetings and/or in-services regularly.
- Interacts with departmental employees, organizational staff, physicians, patients, and families as appropriate. Practices customer service skills consistently and with genuine conviction.What you will need:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Two (2) years of experience in quantity food preparation.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.