Director Case Management (RN)
Req #: 17008925
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Case Management
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and analyzing quality improvement activities and outcomes of the department which includes but is not limited to monthly Clinical Revenue audits as defined by Corporate Case Management.
- Develops and submits budget assumptions, capital and annual budgets for the department.
- Initiates activities to enhance revenue and support cost reduction as evidenced by managing department costs as well assisting all departments in providing the appropriate, medically necessary services to our patient population.
- Provides initial departmental orientation, job training and information and confirms staff members’ abilities to fulfill job expectation
- Maintains and updates policies and procedure manuals for department.
- Analyzes and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency standards, including JCAHO, TDH, licensing boards, etc.
- Participates in selecting outside sources for needed services when resources are not available with the hospital.
- Collaborates with Medical Staff to develop, review and revise the Case Management Plan to ensure adequate performance of all case management functions.
- Works closely with the department CFO formulating the operating and capital budget, and monitors budget.
- Participates in community organizations, meetings, and events representing CTMC.
- Coordinates review and appeal of admission or technical denials.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Five to ten years clinical experience and/or training
- Bachelor’s in Nursing
- Four (4) years’ experience in case management
- Two (2) years’ experience in a nursing management position
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.
- Certified Case Manager is either CMSA or ACMA.