Registered Nurse CVOR Manager Full Time Days
Req #: 17008738
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Cardiology
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- This position is responsible for the administrative and clinical activities of the Cardiovascular Operating Room.
- The Manager will work with the CVOR Director to provide oversight in CVOR when needed.
- Functions include overseeing Patient Care Management, Physician Relations, Human Resources and Quality Care activities for the respective areas.
- Patient/Client Management: responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the CVOR patient.
- Assumes 24 hour accountability for the management and delivery of the daily patient/client care of the respective departments.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, monitors perioperative patient care, this includes identification, assessment, and resolution of patient care problems, which result in a positive patient and administrative outcome.
- Serves as a clinical and administrative resource for the Charge Nurse, anesthesia, perfusion and physicians as well as other members of the CVOR staff.
- Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to individual patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesiologists regarding any issues.
- Ensures that the Cardiovascular program creates: high degree of patient satisfaction; timely and accurate pre, intra and post procedure patient care; meets basic patient, surgeon and anesthesia needs, quality patient care and customer service; experienced knowledgeable staff.
- Actively participates in departmental and hospital wide Performance Improvement activities.
- Reviews on a regular basis nursing assignments to ensure assignments are made in accordance with the qualifications of nursing personnel and patient care requirements.
- Oversees and participates in the development of policies and procedures which reflect current acceptable practice based on AORN standards and are consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
What will you need?
- Current FL RN license required.
- BLS, ALCS, PALS required
- Minimum 3-5 years Surgical Services and CVOR experience required,
- 2-3 years management/leadership experience required.
- BS or BSN preferred
- National Surgical Services certification preferred. (CNOR)