Information Associate Intensive Care Unit FT Nights
Req #: 17008819
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Information Systems
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in person or by telephone.
- Assists patients by responding to requests and obtaining needed services from nurses, physicians, CAs and other team members.
- Provides information by answering inquiries, relaying calls, providing directions and referring inquiries to nursing and physician staff.
- Listens attentively and provides information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing responsibilities as needed.
- Maintains department operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains department supply inventory by monitoring stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite supply orders and verify receipt of supplies.
- Keeps department equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures, notifying appropriate department(s) when there is a need for repair.
- Conserves department resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone systems, copy machines scanners and label printers with skill and efficiency.
- Performs environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
- Support the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
- Attends all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
- Communicates clearly and effectively to customers and members of the healthcare team.
- Answers call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
- Willingly seeks and takes on additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
- Resolves issues and problems as soon as they arise.
- Arranges appointments for patients as directed by physicians or nursing staff.
- Maintains ongoing data collection as directed by the department manager.
What will you need?
- No Previous Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred