Anesthesia Tech PRN Days
By treating each patient with care and compassion, Operating Room staff help fulfill our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Nurses who enjoy serving on a team in a fast-paced environment are needed to care for patients with a wide range of conditions related to vascular, orthopedic, ENT, GYN, and urology disease processes. Two years of experience in an OR setting is required; CNOR preferred, but not mandatory.
You will be responsible for:
- Participates in direct patient care in a supporting role as directed by the licensed nurse or anesthesiologist.
- Assists anesthesia providers with clinical activities as requested including supervised assistance with patient positioning for procedures.
- Ensures anesthesia supplies are maintained at adequate par levels in anesthetizing locations and anesthesia workroom.
- Assures communication with the anesthesia providers and surgical services management regarding any back order of supplies.
- Coordinates evaluation of new equipment and supplies with anesthesia providers.
- Anticipates and assembles sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for each scheduled procedure within scope of competency.
- Demonstrates competent knowledge of technical and non-technical equipment and supplies utilized in anesthesia services
- Cleans and stocks anesthesia machines and Pyxis work stations prior to the daily schedule.
- Responds efficiently to anesthesia work station turn over and cleanup between cases, at the end of the day, and PRN.
- Remains alert to any additional anesthesia needs while surgical procedures are in progress and responds appropriately.
- Assists anesthesia provider with set up of remote anesthetizing locations when needed.
What will you need?
- High School diploma or GED required
- One year EMT, CNA or PCT experience required or graduate of a National Anesthesia Tech school required
- BLS required
- CNA, EMT or PCT certification required
- On the job training and course attendance may be provided through our anesthesia vendor to achieve competency in areas related to machine monitoring function and maintenance.
- Basic computer skills required
- Experience in the role of Anesthesia Technician, preferred
- Experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant /PCT in an operating room or similar setting, preferred