Retail Certified Pharmacy Tech FT Days
Florida Hospital Heartland
You will be responsible for:
· Accurately places into stock wholesaler and direct orders with stickers.
· Accurately posts charges and credits.
· Answers telephone identifying self and department, assisting caller.
· Completes order requisitions to Purchasing Department both accurately and timely.
· Ensures assigned areas are checked for outdates and documentation completed for life safety replacement (ex. code carts).
· Ensures correct labeling for all oral and injectable preparations documenting lot numbers and expiration dates for regulatory compliance.
· Ensures correct labeling for parenteral solutions both in and out of the sterile IV hood, including stability dating.
· Ensures medication cassettes are accurately labeled with two patient identifiers.
· Ensures unit inspections are completed monthly as assigned with documentation communicating completion to partnering managers and identifying deviations from policy.
· Assists in preparation of pass medications as necessary for SBCU.
· Checks in all narcotic sheets, reviews for essential information for non-Pyxis areas, assuring compliance with CII vs Pyxis Compare report with signatures.
· Delivers all medications, including controlled substances, to the nursing units when needed according to policy.
· Fills all interdepartmental requisitions daily.
· Fills medication carts accurately and efficiently and works on "ordered meds not loaded" for Pyxis as well as "meds without Removals" report regularly.
· Maintains refrigerator/hood-cleaning logs daily and assures completion.
· Restocks general pharmacy and solution shelves daily identifying on "want" book when inventory is depleted also assuring inventory in Pyxis is moved around to accommodate product is available for nursing.
· Participates in departmental quality improvement indicators as required (filling out Variance reports).
· Performs cart filling and cart exchange activities with accuracy and efficiency.
· Performs courier duties, as necessary in a timely manner using hospital resources wisely.
· Performs extemporaneous compounding as directed by supervising pharmacist.
· Performs quality controls as required by USP 797 standards.
· Places orders to wholesaler and direct order accounts as required.
· Restocks all areas of the pharmacy, as necessary.
· Restocks Pyxis stations accurately with appropriate medication and date with scanning feature reporting unscannable medications.
· Understands drug recall and defect reporting completing surveillance of all recalled items as assigned. Recalled items must be retrieved from all Pyxis machines and Pharmacist or Manager informed.
· Using aseptic technique, prepares large and small volume parenteral solutions accurately adhering to USP 797 standards, with documentation of concentration, lot and expiration date for traceability, communicating unfinished work to oncoming shift. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of USP 797 standards completing modules from Simplify 797.
· Have a good understanding of mathematical principles performing accurate calculations for compounded sterile products assuring double check by supervising pharmacist.
· Accurately and continuously files physician’s orders.
· Always follows correct procedure for filling, recording, and distributing pharmacy trays.
· Always obtain pharmacists’ verification before distribution of any medication.
· Calls RN for IV fluid with limited stability to ensure proper rate and next bag time to be compounded.
· Cleans the laminar flow hood and work area thoroughly, wears appropriate personal protective equipment with sterile gloves and signs the laminar flow hood/chemo hood checklists.
· Pre-packs oral solid/liquid medication into unit dose packaging in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
· Handles multiple functions such as counter and IV room with ability to cope with high levels of stress and perform accurate dose calculations.
Other duties as assigned by pharmacist, Manager or Director.Qualifications
What you will need:
- 2 to 3 years Pharmacy experience
- Good Math skills to prepare IV preparations, measuring, counting medications accurately.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Good Computer skills
- State of Florida License in Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)