Registered Nurse I Surgery Recovery PRN Days
Req #: 17008920
Location: Orange City, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Participating in direct patient care (geriatric, adult, adolescent, and pediatric), while analyzing and interpreting patient specific information to assess and reassess the individual nursing care plan.
- Demonstrating critical thinking skills when interpreting changes in patient’s immediate post-operative condition. Communicating patient information to all appropriate caregivers, to assure effective continuum of care.
- Demonstrating competence in the management and interpretation of all patient monitoring devices in the PACU environment.
- Providing accurate, timely documentation in Surginet and Power chart while utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to deliver competent, effective, cost efficient patient care.
- Participating in the revision and review of unit specific policies and procedures, while actively engaging in unit goals and performance improvement.
- Maintaining appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment.
- Assisting in the care and maintenance of equipment and stocking the unit with supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Associates Degree in Science or Diploma graduate
- Requires a minimum of one year critical care RN experience or previous PACU experience
- This position requires special training specific to critical care nursing
- Computer proficiency required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification (90 days to obtain)
- Must maintain current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification(90 days to obtain)