Medical Social Worker I Case Management PRN
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Hospital Medical Social Worker role involve identifying patient’s specific needs, and coordinating linkage with community agencies, in-home services, and institutional short-term and long-term placement for continuing care.
- Assists the patient, family/guardian and all members of the healthcare team in the discharge planning process. Contributes to the monitoring of the quality and appropriateness of patient care delivered.
- Responsible for the reporting and analysis of patient satisfaction survey data. Provides for safe and supportive environment for all patients, families and coworkers.
- Promotes and provides for optimum patient outcomes through use of Social Services scope of practice and scope of services.
- The scope of services are hospital-wide/organizational, whereas, services may involve patient/family interventions in any inpatient setting or outpatient services area, including the Emergency Department. Provides patient and family advocacy, and support patient’s choice and patient rights during hospitalization.
- Understands the relationship of hospital utilization review, care coordination, patient access, discharge planning, and acute care or community –based social services.
What will you need?
- Masters of Social Work
- One-year experience in acute care setting preferred
- Accredited MSW Degree from School of Social Work: State registered or certified MSW