Home Health Physical Therapist FT Days
Req #: 17008964
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
What You Are Responsible For:
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- Evaluate patients as assigned.
- Establish a plan of care with goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential for improvement and in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Implement the physical therapy assessment and care plan, continuously evaluating the patient’s response to program and need for modification.
- Instruct the patient and family in the total physical therapy program, use of prosthetic, orthotic and assistive devices, etc.
- Participate in the team process through cooperative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provide comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
- Supervise and plan home health aide activities in absence of other health care professionals.
- Instruct other health team personnel in the care of patients as related to physical therapy aspects of the patient care plan.
- Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Provide required documentation within established time frames.
- Report pertinent observations to attending physician, changing patient care plan and therapy program as directed.
- Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Understands regulations applicable to home healthcare.
- Knowledge of general physical therapy modalities and scope of physical therapy practice within the state of Florida.
- Graduate of a physical therapy school approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or its equivalent
- At least one (1) year of appropriate work experience as Physical Therapist.
- Prior home health experience preferred.
- Active State of Florida license in Physical Therapy
- BLS Certification
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Automobile liability insurance