Medical Technologist PRN Microbiology
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen accordingly.
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to established criteria.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate manner.
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis or to expand current duties by updating the position description.
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training
What you will need:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist training required OR Associate’s Degree with at least two years of experience.
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting required.
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the Laboratory required, or an Associate degree in Medical Technology