Registered Nurse Medical Surgical FT Night $10,000 Sign On
Req #: 17009300
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Full Time Night Shift (36 Hours Per Week)
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performing and documenting accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observing and monitoring patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizing clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performing and documenting ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiating use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrating commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintaining competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently developing an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Developing, prioritizing, and documenting a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrating knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishing appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Providing individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
What will you need?
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification