Telemetry Tech II Full-Time Day
Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a full-service, 168-bed facility dedicated to helping our neighbors in beautiful Tarpon Springs and beyond. As a regional medical center, we offer a wide range of comprehensive services, testing and education opportunities for our community. We’ve been focused on meeting the needs of North Pinellas residents for nearly 90 years, and Florida Hospital has built its reputation for compassionate, patient-centered care for more than a century.
- Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Provides services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
- Adolescent: 13 years to 17 years
- Adult: 18 years to 64 years
- Geriatric: 65 +years
- The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
- Observes monitors closely. Informs Registered Nurse of changes and records changes as they occur.
- Posts, analyses, and documents strips every 8 hours and PRN.
- Uses pager system and nurse call system competently.
- Keeps patient log up to date including admissions, transfers, non-telemetry, discharge and vacant bed status
- Follows Hospital Policy on confidentiality concerning patients charts and information obtained.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Must pass hospital EKG proficiency exam
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent
- CPR Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Completion of EKG Course (Preferred)