Medical Records Scan Tech PRN Day
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
- Prepares inpatient medical record documents for real-time scanning, rounds on assigned nursing units up to twice per day, ensuring new documentation added to the medical record is scanned as close to real time as possible.
- Reviews each electronic inpatient and outpatient medical record for completeness, adequacy, and accuracy, according to department policies and procedures.
- Reviews each scanned record for accuracy and clearness of the scanned product.
- Scans all new documentation received and loose paperwork on the nursing units for inpatient and in the HIM department for outpatient records.
- At discharge, ensures patient’s complete, scanned medical record is retrieved from the file cabinet and forwarded to the HIM Department as soon as possible after the discharge of the patient.
- Sets priorities and demonstrates effective organizational skills by optimizing use of time, meeting deadlines, and completing scanning on assigned nursing unit (s) by end of shift each day.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
- Submits ideas for cost savings to HIM Leadership for departmental or hospital savings.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of computerized information systems.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical record format, and content for all visit types.
- Ability to examine a form and determine its proper placement within the record.
- Knowledgeable of security and confidentiality requirements pertaining to protected health information.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- High School graduate or equivalent with GED
- Basic Computer Data Entry Experience
- Associate Degree (Preferred)
- Experience with health information electronic medical records system (Preferred)