X-Ray Tech/CMA Full Time Days
Req #: 17008444
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To assist the physician(s)/extender(s) in providing patient care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and record vital signs and subjective information from the patient regarding their visit.
- Prepare the patient for examination.
- Administer injections, administer medications, and perform laboratory tests and venipuncture as directed by the supervising physician/extender.
- Assist in office surgery and procedures.
- Apply/remove cast/splints/bandage (after competency assessment/training) per physicians instructions.
- Take radiological exam (after competency assessment/training) per physicians order.
- Stock examination rooms on a daily basis.
- Order medical supplies as needed.
- Compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient as directed by the supervising physician/extender.
- Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one's personal protection and patient safety.
- Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and clinic personnel.
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitary conditions in examination rooms, restrooms, and patient waiting areas.
- Scan documentation and file accurately in patient chart.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of medications and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with medical technology in a direct patient care setting.
- Computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to six months related experience and/or medical training as Medical Assistance and Radiology Technology.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Six months of casting experience.Six months of radiology experience.Six months of medical assistance experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant in the state of Texas.
- Current license as a Certified Limited Radiology Technologist in the state of Texas, registered through the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies and procedures of CTMC, including those set out in the Employee Guidelines Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
Must learn and comply with all CTMC safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisor; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery, or materials, or materials encompassed by job responsibilities; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with medical technology in a direct patient care setting
- Computer experience, working with a healthcare software computer system is desirable.
- Equipment, procedures, and processes including, but not limited to:
- Electric centrifuge
- Electrical examination tables
- Microscope and slide preparation
- Throat and wound culture supplies
- CLIA-waived testing solutions
- General venipuncture and immunization medical supplies
- Aviation scope
- Electrical lamps
- Oral theramometer
- Burdick EKG machine
- Oxygen tank
- Ultraviolet examination light
- Minor surgical instruments
- Ultra one-touch glucose monitor
- Balance weight scales
- Digital infant scale
- Standard radiology equipment used for simple x-rays
- Bandaging materials and equipment
- Front office equipment such as: telephone, scheduling programs, registration forms, etc.