Registered Nurse Stroke Program Coordinator FT Days
Req #: 17009404
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- The Florida Hospital Waterman Stroke Program is structured to achieve established objectives using a team approach.
- The Stroke Program Coordinator, in collaboration with medical and clinical leaders, is responsible for the coordination of clinical excellence in stroke care for FHW.
- The Coordinator functions as a leader for the interdisciplinary teams, which are responsible for monitoring and improving program performance.
- The Coordinator facilitates the development and implementation of stroke-related educational initiatives for staff, patients, community and emergency medical services.
- The Coordinator guides interdisciplinary team members in performance improvement and the incorporation of evidence-based practice protocols into the daily operations of the stroke program.
- The Coordinator assists the Quality Dept. in ensuring a high level of data accuracy and quality for stroke program reporting.
- The Coordinator works with community and professional organizations to further community education and awareness about stroke prevention and treatment.
- The Coordinator actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- The Coordinator is also responsible for the development and implementation/maintenance of assigned nursing projects such as achieving the ANCC Pathway to Excellence destination for nursing services.
What will you need?
- Current, valid licensure:
- Florida State Board of Nursing as a RN
- ACLS preferred
- Bachelors’ in Nursing or related healthcare field
- Three to five years’ experience in neuroscience nursing or related healthcare field involving neuroscience (e.g. rehab therapy, emergency or critical care nursing)
- Knowledge of adult neuroscience, stroke treatment, care and prevention
- Certification in Neuroscience Nursing (CNRN) or Critical Care Nursing (CCRN) preferred
- NIHSS certification preferred
- Master’s degree in Nursing or clinical healthcare field preferred