Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health Full Time Days
Req #: 17009232
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the policies and procedures as related to the clinical area.
- Responsible for the application of Home Care guidelines and standards in accordance with current practices.
- Patient Care activities include, but not limited to:
- Prioritizing work by preparing daily visitation lists
- Reviews medical record to assess therapy needs
- Instructs/educates patients and/or significant other on therapy
- Maintaining accurate patient information in the medical record
- Has knowledge of and understands current JC Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
- Represents the patient therapy interest on the healthcare team. Promotes teamwork with physicians and all health care providers.
- Assists in departmental, hospital and community in-services/education when assigned.
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement for clinical area.
- Activity participates in assigned meetings.
- Involved in the review and planning of patient menus.
- Upholds professional standards of performance and conduct.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Provides professional nursing care to clients in the home setting.
- Performs patient assessments with each visit and evaluates the appropriateness of plan of care.
- Supervises the aides in the delivery of patient care, evaluating the appropriateness and quality of care delivered as regulations and/or agency policy dictates.
- Communicates to physician the changes in patient’s condition or care needs
- Communicates in a timely manner changes in patient’s condition or care needs to the Supervisor and Case Manager
- Provides patient care within the scope of the Texas Nursing Practice Act
- Follows plan of care/treatment for delivery of safe and competent care.
- Adheres to visit schedule or gives appropriate notice to patient and supervisor according to department protocol.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient needs, prioritizes problems initiates appropriate response with no more than 2 incidents of physician or patient complaints or negative patient outcome per year.
- Utilizes effective teaching skills by demonstrating ability to formulate patient plan of care appropriate to patient’s level of knowledge and abilities as evidenced by nurse’s documentation.
- Knowledgeable of Medicare requirements for documentation and implements them appropriately.
- Documents supervisory visits of aides within Medicare guidelines.
- Has a minimal incidence of error as evidenced by monthly chart audits and positive surveys, questionnaires, complaint logs, personal visitations and direct observations by the nursing supervisor.
- Documents the plan of care, completes and sync admission within 24 hours of SOC with no more than 2 negative occurrences per quarter.
- Completes clinical documentation on the day of the visit and sync to the agency within 24 hours with no more than 5% of tardiness per year.
- Completes required documentation related to re-certification/ROC/TIF and updates according to agency guidelines with no more than 5% tardiness per year.
- Attends agency inservices in order to maintain knowledge level of self and other personnel.
- Attends staff meetings and any required agency meetings with no more than 5 absences per year.
- Strives to increase clinical competence by attending at least 6 additional inservices per year.
What you will need:
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of professional nursing. Currently licensed as a registered nurse by the State of Texas.
- Current CPR certification. Must be competent with computers.
- Must be competent with computers.
- Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Good oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities.
- Maintains continuing education hours as outlined by the State of Texas
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must be currently licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- Has at least one year of experience as a professional nurse in a clinical setting. Home Health experience preferred
- Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Good oral communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Strong analytical and mathematical abilities. Maintains continuing education hours as outlined by the State of Texas.
- Flexibility in scheduling of hours. May be required to work overtime, weekends and holidays. On-call rotation required. If, PRN and Part-time must rotate within the call system as well.