Echo Tech PRN
To provide quality echo studies per physicians' orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists co-workers to maintain quality care.
- Assists cardiologists in the performance of TEE examination.
- Attends hospital/departmental meetings and in-services.
- Completes technologists report with accuracy.
- Complies with procedure protocols.
- Demonstrates an organized approach to work load.
- Documents and reports any patient incident with 24 hours.
- Establishes appropriate factors to perform quality examinations.
- Participates in departmental quality assurance program and departmental projects.
- Rotates call coverage.
- Documents in patient chart (Powerchart) when appropriate.
- Complies with regulations under the HIPAA law.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital policies related to emergencies.
- Complies with Joint Commission requirements related to their duties.
- Limited access to medication.
- Supports hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Verifies orders and documents as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Specific clinical training in ultrasound, cardiovascular, echocardiography
· A registry in echocardiography can replace clinical training listed above
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· RDCS (Registered Diagnostic Cardiovascular Sonographer) or RCS (Registered Cardiac Sonographer)