Registered Nurse Clinical Case Manager FT Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Under general supervision of the Director of Care Management and/or Director, in collaboration with the patient/family, physician and interdisciplinary team, the ED Nurse Care Manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- The ED Nurse Care Manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management.
- Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, discharge planning and an understanding of utilization review are accountabilities of this role.
- Supports and facilitates hospital goals for capacity management and patient flow through the emergency room.
- Work with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to develop, activate and efficiently facilitate patient treatment and discharge plans. Screen for LTAC, SNF, HHC as deemed appropriate.
- Evaluates the potential for unplanned readmissions.
- Coordinates the integration of care management functions into the patient care, discharge planning processes in collaboration with the physician, other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities
- Meets with patients/families to discuss realistic and appropriate discharge options and providers to coordinate the discharge plan. Identifies and resolves potential barriers to plan achievement.
- Demonstrates knowledge in admission and continued stay criteria for inpatient and observation in order to facilitate proper patient placement across the healthcare continuum.
- Applies knowledge of local, state and federal programs to expedite discharge while maintaining sound stewardship of healthcare resources.
- Demonstrates and encourages positive interpersonal relations with the patient/family, physicians, community agencies, and other members of the health care team. Maintains open communication.
- Documents clear/concise discharge assessments/plans in patient’s electronic medical record via Cerner Care Manager.
- Maintains clinical competency and current knowledge of community resources and payor requirements to perform job responsibilities.
- Exhibits organizational skills, flexibility and teamwork.
What will you need?
- Active Florida State License as a Registered Nurse or LPN
- Minimum two years recent acute (nursing care experience) required
- Minimum of an additional two years of experience in healthcare related fields required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of two years of utilization review/care management experience and a minimum of 1 year of experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting is highly desirable.
- Care Management certification highly desirable – ACM (Accredited Case Manager); CCM (Certified Case Manager), RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management)