Patient Experience Manager FT Days
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive; constantly improving with advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
- Develops, coordinates and maintains the Patient Experience Program. Engages patients and visitors through regular rounding and visits to patient care areas. Receives reviews, investigates, and responds to grievances/complaints about FHFM healthcare services. Listens to patient problems and concerns. Provides useful information to patients and families; coordinates meetings as necessary between patients/family/staff to resolve issues.
- Investigates and reviews patient grievances and issues. Coordinates with Administration, the office of Clinical Effectiveness and Leadership to identify areas of improvement. Works closely with the Risk Management department to coordinate follow up activities to actual or potential grievances in accordance with CMS guidelines.
- Interprets and explains to patients and their family’s policies, procedures, and our mission. Encourages understanding and adherence by both staff and patients to the system’s philosophy on patient rights and responsibilities.
- Refers patients to appropriate services and resources and responds personally when other alternatives are not available. Aids in providing Advance Directives information when requested.
- Documents follow up and solutions in an appropriate manner, which includes coordination of written responses to patients and family members by risk management, department managers, directors and senior executives.
- Relays information from patients/family members regarding physicians conduct and communication to the appropriate physician when the feedback warrants physician awareness/involvement. Makes appropriate executive, CMO, and leaders aware of physician complaints as appropriate. Reports patient experience and best practice data to appropriate committee/individuals. Maintains data and distributes reports for the FHFM Daily Patient Experience Report, HCAHPS, and Press Gainey. Maintains Get Well Network (GWN) system in coordination with Facilities and Information Systems.
- Coordinates Service Recovery and Service Excellence Program efforts.
- Provides support and consultation in development of department specific patient surveys.
- Identifies trends in types, areas and sources of complaints. Refers physician’s quality of care complaints to the office of clinical effectiveness, CMO, and CNO. Refers safety complaints to the Safety Officer and appropriate members leadership.
- Maintains data and distributes reports for the FHFM Daily patient experience report HCAHPS and Press Ganey. Maintains Get Well Network System in coordination with Facilities and Information Systems.
- Monitors and evaluates the results of HCAHPS and Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction surveys. Maintains reporting system including aggregation, correlation, and analysis of data to identify opportunities for operational improvements.
- Distributes HCAHPS and Press Ganey reports monthly or more often to Executives, Directors, and Managers; recommends changes as needed.
- Works with appropriate Managers, Supervisors, and Directors to facilitate interpretation of patient satisfaction data to improve the overall level of care and service.
- Manages Patient Experience Program goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with the systems philosophy and mission.
- Plans for ongoing evaluation of program for effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in the ICARE Program and provides for Patient Experience education.
- Provides leadership and management responsibilities for the Patient Experience department.
- Conducts staff meetings with department employees on a routine basis to review progress, discusses problems, and any changes in policy and procedures.
- Participates in the hiring process for department. Completes performance evaluations timely, coaches, counsels and terminates staff per policy. Provides orientation for new employees and continuing education for all employees.
- Supervises, schedules and assigns duties to all department staff ensuring appropriate coverage.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Actively facilitates Service Recovery where appropriate.
- Serves as role model and leader for customer service.
- Participates in staff training for customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Must have knowledge of patient care and patient problems
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, data base management and trending reports required
- Must have excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbal
- Associates Degree in related field
- Three years previous experience in hospital/healthcare environment in a customer service, public relations, educational, or patient related position preferred
- Nursing degree preferred
- Management experience preferred