Critical Care Technician FT
Req #: 17008541
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Heartland
You will be responsible for:
- Supports and implements a goal directed plan of care as directed for patients receiving interventional care in the critical care units.
- Facilitates the early identification of needs and promote the nurturing of the patients and their loved ones. Managing family’s perception of the hospitalization experience, health status, and overall care is a primary duty of this role.
- Assists the Cardiac RN with all facets of designated duties serving the cardiac service line within the scope of certification, training, and licensure.
- Participates in committee meetings such as; the Patient Experience, Critical Care, and Evidence Based Practice Council meetings.
- Implements and participates in evidence-based practices (EBP) in all facets including; however not limited to: EBP council, interdisciplinary rounding, patient care conferences, ethics meetings, case presentations, staff and physician in services, and preceptor oversight for new specialty techs.
- Transports as necessary to ensure safe transitional care.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Patient care equipment and supplies.
- Invasive and noninvasive monitoring systems.
- Nurse/patient intercom system.
- Interpretive devices for translation (language line, sign boards, etc).
- All equipment noted within critical care setting such as accu checks, dopplers, and 12-lead EKG machine.
- Minimum of a High School of Diploma of Equivalent
- BLS – condition of employment
- Florida C.N.A. license or Florida LPN license or Florida Paramedic license